GENERAL HIRING TERMS
- Minimum hiring period is considered as the one day rental, based on 24 hour system. (Time of return is equal to delivery time of the date out day)
- Renter is obliged to return the vehicle in an authorised representative of City Car Rental according the agreed date, time (max. + 1 hour) and place of the contract. Any modification requires the acquiescence in writing of City Car Rental. Returns or delays over one (1) hour than register, are charged at 50% of the agreed daily rate, while more than 3 hours are charged as an extra day.
- Gas or petrol is paid by the renter (use ONLY unleaded 95/white gas), will not be refunded in the event of a difference.
- Renter is responsible since the time of picking up the vehicle and up to time of returning it and handing the keys in a representative of City Car Rental, for any fines, traffic tickets and attached administration penalties for which is obliged to pay them by himself and deliver to the company a valid copy of payment, otherwise charges of the above plus expenses of 15,00 € should be estimated by the company at the time of being announced either by the renter himself upon return, or by the police or local traffic authorities at a later time, and should be charged without any time limit for these specific charges.
- Renter is responsible for inspecting the vehicle (inferior and exterior), indicating any damages or scratches to City Car Rental’s representative and filling up the appropriate Table of Condition in the front page, and assumes to return the vehicle in the same condition Insurance covers included in rental rate, are the followings:
- a) Death and body injuries of persons not riding in or upon the renter’s vehicle
- b) Material damages inflicted on property which is not stored in or upon the renter’s vehicle.
Participating in any kind of rallying or towing (third vehicle, trailer etc.)
Loading vehicle in excess of its capacity, specified by the vehicle manufacturer
Unilateral acquiescence from the renter’s side, in case of an accident, without informing at once City Car Rental and Traffic Police Authority (tel 100) asking for their presence in compiling an Accident Report.
Operation of the vehicle from any third party (even holder of a Driving License), not registered in the front page, independently with his relation to the renter.
Operation of the vehicle, over the agreed date and time written on the front page of this contract.
Operation of the vehicle, when renter is under alcohol or any drugs influence Operation of the vehicle against the Greek Traffic Law or in any way, which poses vehicle or passengers or any third parties in danger.
Operation of the vehicle in non asphalt or passable roads.
Operation of the vehicle for any transferring, persons or materials, under freight.
Operation of the vehicle for any action described as illegal or criminal against the Greek Law.
Operation of the vehicle for driving lessons to third parties.
- Definitely are excluded from “C.D.W.” any damages or losses on tires, wheel covers or rims, windshields and side windows, sound systems (RCD, DVD) antennas, instruments as the below part of the vehicle unless are caused in continuation of an accident. Also, interior of the vehicle is not covered by any insurance (burnt, torn or dirty upholstery).
- In case of repair any damage, the vehicle should be repaired only at authorized repair station by City Car Rental. It’s prohibited any other repair stations recommended by the renter except the official one in Greece by the vehicle’s manufacturer, assuming the working days of repair charged to the renter.
- Renter is surcharged with local tax 24%
- For the best renter’s seNice and to avoid any delays, vehicle should be return at least not muddy and ready for inspection, otherwise a charge of 15,00 € might be required for cleaning and further inspection. In case of tar removing a charge of 75,00€ isa must.
Interior cleaning in case or dirt, mud, foods or pets is charged at min. 60,00 €
- Fuel quantity is always marked on the agreement contract at the time of delivering the vehicle and upon return should be almost at the same level. Less quantity raise charges equal to consumed quantity of the specific vehicle, than the one delivered plus refuelling service of 3,00E.
Non used fuel can never generate a refund obligation except of compensation in a future rental.
- Deliveries or pick ups are operated free of charge at the International airport “MACEDONIA”, at the Railway station and the harbour ofThessaloniki (Mon. till Sat. between 09:00 up to 21:00)
Vehicles can be delivered in Thessaloniki downtown hotels at4,40 €
Vehicles can be delivered in Thessaloniki suburbs hotels at 7,34€
Vehicles can be delivered of dropped off outside the city at a rate of 0,35 €/km for Groups A,B,C, D, and 0,45 €/km for the rest Groups. The above rates are surcharged by local tax 23%
- Night rates are required for pick up/drop off time in non-working hours or Sundays at 16,80 €+local tax 23% In case of any mechanical failure or Road Assistance, renter can communicate with …………………………………………………………… in 24 hours a day. Road Assistance is not provided in islands, since has not been stated in advance by the renter, considered as responsible for repatriation of the vehicle by his own expenses.
- Ferrying the vehicle is permitted only under written authorization of City Car Rental, otherwise renter is considered as fully responsible for any damage caused at sea, even if “C.D.W.” has been agreed.
- Driving outside of Greek territory is only permitted if company authorizes it, in writing and under issuing a “Green Card” for Insurance coverage.
- In order to rent a car from any category, the client should be at least 23 years old when he is a credit card holder, whereas the minimum age required for clients paying in cash is 23 years old.
- The driver must hold a valid driving license issued at least one year before the rental commencement.
- The payment should be done upon reservation through Alpha Bank.
- Gasoline: + paid by the customer. Unleaded is to be used only.
- Availability: car models are according to original planning. Delivery problems, however, may compel us to supply another vehicle in exceptional cases.
- Car insurance includes the following coverings:
- Death and bodily injury of all other passengers of the car, besides the driver, and against third parties up to an amount of 750.000 euros
- Material damage against third parties up to an amount of 750.000 euros
- Fire Protection
- (C.D.W. Collision Damage Waiver) The renter’s legal liability for any damage caused to the car may be reduced:
- Groups: B,B1,C,C1: 400,00- €(+VAT)
- Groups: D, E,E1,F : 600,00- € (+VAT)
- Group: F1 : 800,00- € (+VAT)
- Groups: F2, M : 1000€ (+VAT)
- The renter is exempt from theft liability with an additional charge of 2 Euros per rental day.
- By no means is the driver insured against any damages caused to the lower part of the car or to the vehicle’s wheels. In addition to the prior, no insurance coverings are legally applicable in case the car driver is under the influence of alcohol, hallucinogens, drugs, barbiturates or any other substance.
- On delivery of the car, it is the renter’s responsibility to examine it and agree that the vehicle is in an overall perfect condition and proper for the use and the purpose for which the car is rented. It is equally the renter’s obligation to return to the lessor company the car along with all official documents, tools and accompanying accessories in the exact same condition in which they were delivered to him, and in the time and location specified in the rental contract. In an opposite case and after the lapse of the agreed date and time of the car collection, the renter is under the obligation to pay to the lessor company the amount corresponding to compensation for use of the car.
- The lessor company reserves the right to recapture possession and use of the rental car at any time with no previous warning and without the renter’s consent, but at his expenses, from whatever location and by whatever means, in case in the company’s judgement there is potential risk of damage or loss of the car, as well as a risk of not collecting compensation for use and every other compensation owed to the lessor company.
- It is the renter’s obligation to look after the car, to maintain the car in good condition, to check its mechanical condition, oil level and water level, the tyres of the car, etc., and, in general, to ensure the safe drive of the car. No repairs of the car may be realized by either the renter or third parties without the lessor company’s prior authorization.
- Taking the car across Greek borders, as well as ferrying the car or transporting it by train or other means of transport is forbidden without the lessor company’s prior written authorization.
- The renter will bear exclusively and in full the expenses of traffic fines or any other administrative contravention.
- It is prohibited to use the car for transporting people or property for hire.
- It is prohibited to use the car for taking in tow or hauling cars or other material.
- It is prohibited to use the car for participating, running or following any kind of racing activities.
- It is prohibited to sublease the car to third parties.
- It is prohibited to use the car in any purpose that is against the laws of the Greek Republic
- It is prohibited to use the car in case either the renter or the additional driver of the car is under the influence of alcohol, hallucinogens, drugs, barbiturates or any other substance.
- It is prohibited to use the car in any way that constitutes a violation of any customs, traffic or other regulations and insurance contracts.
- No third person may use or drive the car besides the renter and any additional driver for whom the renter has accepted the daily charge for additional drivers as specified in the lessor company’s official pricelist.
- It is prohibited to use the car for carrying, transporting of moving away heavy luggage, flammable materials, grimy or malodorous material, drugs, etc.
- It is prohibited to use the car for conducting illegal transportation of Naxos or foreign citizens or performing illegal acts.
- Should the renter wish to prolong the rental of the car, in case the rental is over one day, it is his obligation to notify in writing the lessor company at least twenty-four (24) hours before the termination of the rental agreement, in order to receive the respective written authorization. In case of neglect to notify the company, the renter bears civil and penal liability for illegal use and deforcement (illegal withholding) of the car. In case of a prolongation, the renter is bound by the terms and conditions not only of the initial rental agreement, but also of those included in the rental prolongation agreement, whether it is about the same car or another car that was delivered to him as a replacement car.
- During the rental period, all additional drivers are jointly and severally liable with the renter.
- Likewise, in case the rental agreement is signed by any representative of the renter, he will be jointly and severally liable with the renter.
- The rental agreement supersedes any prior written or verbal agreement between the lessor company and the renter.
- Any modification of the terms and conditions agreed in the rental contract is null and void, unless agreed in writing.
- The present rental agreement is subject to the Greek Legislation, thus any dispute or disagreement that may arise from it between the lessor company and the renter will be under the exclusive competence of Greek Courts.
- Cancellation Policy:
In case of cancellation up to 5 days before the date of arrival no fees or penalties will be charged.
If cancelled or modified later than 5 days before the date of arrival, 30% of the total reservation cost will be charged.
In case of no-show the total reservation cost will be charged.